Climate change risk assessment and adaptation plan for Western Suburbs Regional Organisation of Councils (WESROC)
|Title:||Climate change risk assessment and adaptation plan for Western Suburbs Regional Organisation of Councils (WESROC)|
|Client Type||Local Government|
|Our Role||Technical expert – climate change risk assessment and adaptation planning
What are the potential risks of climate change on the operations of a group of Local governments and how can these managed most effectively?
The member councils that make up WESROC needed to conduct a strategic risk assessment to help identify priorities around climate change, both for member Councils and for the region as a whole.
Members of the Adaptive Futures team were involved in guiding the member councils through a facilitated risk assessment and adaptation planning process, using the best practice risk framework (Climate change impacts and risk management: A guide for business and government). The process involved a series of workshop with key Council stakeholders to ensure the outcomes were meaningful to each Council.
At the end of the project, the team presented findings at an open information forum with Councillors and invited guests.
Download the project’s final report from the City of Subiaco here.
Title: Impact of extreme weather events in infrastructure Client Type: Private sector - mining Our Role: Technical expert - climate…
More Case Studies
- Climate change risk assessment and adaptation anal...
- Climate change adaptation action stories
- Stocktake Review and Operational Guidance on Ecosy...
- Impact of extreme weather events on infrastructure
- Scarborough Master Plan Review – Climate change ...
- Climate change risk assessment and adaptation plan...
- Impact of Extreme Weather Events and Climate Chang...
- Kiribati Adaptation Project (Phase II)
- Climate-proofing Public Infrastructure – UNDP Tr...
- Identification and Implementation of Adaptation Re...
- Adaptation in the Coastal Zones of Mozambique
- Pacific Islands Framework for Action on Climate Ch...
- ICCAI Consultation Workshop