UNDP: Climate-proofing Public Infrastructure – Training Package
|Title:||Climate-proofing Public Infrastructure – UNDP Training Package|
|Client Type||International Organisation|
|Our Role||Climate change adaptation technical expert
Communications and materials development
What a country should think about and then do to address climate change and infrastructure risks?
|Knowledge sharing is one of the keys to effective adaptation decision-making. In his capacity as a Technical Expert, Dr Robert Kay, was approached by UNDP to deliver a presentation at the UNDP High-Level Regional Workshop “No-Regrets” Risk-Based Approach to Climate-Proofing of Public Infrastructure: Improved Regional Planning for Resilience and Sustainable Growth, held in El Salvador, 30 June – 1 July 2010.A video presentation was scripted and filmed, and accompanying Supplementary Resource Guide and PowerPoint presentation were developed.
Dr Kay’s presentation was called: What a country should think about and then do to address climate change and infrastructure risks. It was so well received at the conference that organisers wanted to pull together the materials and release a training package.
In addition, Ania Niedzwiadek facilitated the translation of supplementary content and film transcripts into UN languages (French and Spanish). The materials were released as a training tool via the UNDP Adaptation Learning Mechanism (ALM). For further information about the project, refer to the UNDP website.
Title: Impact of extreme weather events in infrastructure Client Type: Private sector - mining Our Role: Technical expert - climate…
More Case Studies
- Climate change risk assessment and adaptation anal...
- Climate change adaptation action stories
- Stocktake Review and Operational Guidance on Ecosy...
- Impact of extreme weather events on infrastructure
- Scarborough Master Plan Review – Climate change ...
- Climate change risk assessment and adaptation plan...
- Impact of Extreme Weather Events and Climate Chang...
- Kiribati Adaptation Project (Phase II)
- Climate-proofing Public Infrastructure – UNDP Tr...
- Identification and Implementation of Adaptation Re...
- Adaptation in the Coastal Zones of Mozambique
- Pacific Islands Framework for Action on Climate Ch...
- ICCAI Consultation Workshop