Scarborough Master Plan Review – Climate change impact assessment component
|Title:||Scarborough Master Plan Review – Climate change impact assessment component|
|Client Type||Local Government|
|Our Role||Coastal Zone Expert
Technical expert – climate change vulnerability and risk assessment
How can potential climate change impacts be factored into coastal urban development projects?
|The City of Stirling (Western Australia) required expert input to complete the climate change vulnerability and risk assessment to contribute to the Scarborough Master Plan Review.
The team at Adaptive Futures (Ailbhe and Carmen), Dr Ailbhe Travers and Carmen Elrick worked with Consultants at Hassell and Damara WA, to provide expert advice to the City of Stirling on climate change vulnerability and risk assessment, contributing to the Climate Change Impact Assessment Component of the review.
The approach included an assessment of the physical impacts of climate change on the study area and completing a climate change risk assessment. GIS mapping of predicted changes in sea level was also completed as part of the work.
The project has a strong focus on spatial planning to ensure future development in the area would be designed to take account of the potential impacts of climate change.
Title: Impact of extreme weather events in infrastructure Client Type: Private sector - mining Our Role: Technical expert - climate…
More Case Studies
- Climate change risk assessment and adaptation anal...
- Climate change adaptation action stories
- Stocktake Review and Operational Guidance on Ecosy...
- Impact of extreme weather events on infrastructure
- Scarborough Master Plan Review – Climate change ...
- Climate change risk assessment and adaptation plan...
- Impact of Extreme Weather Events and Climate Chang...
- Kiribati Adaptation Project (Phase II)
- Climate-proofing Public Infrastructure – UNDP Tr...
- Identification and Implementation of Adaptation Re...
- Adaptation in the Coastal Zones of Mozambique
- Pacific Islands Framework for Action on Climate Ch...
- ICCAI Consultation Workshop